Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Little Ballerinas (or Tap-erinas)

After watching the girls show off their self-taught dancing skills for months now I thought they would really love to be in a dance class. We finally signed them up at Legacy Dance Center and they are taking tap/ballet/creative movement once a week now. They were so excited and seem to really enjoy the class. I was surprised how well they are listening and following along with the instructor. Claire usually gets a little tired towards the end and will try to lay down on the floor for the last 10 minutes, but Miss Libby is so great and will just take her hand and guide her along. It is really close to nap time, so they are definitely ready for a little sleep when they get home.

Another fun part of the experience was taking the girls to Spotlight to buy their dance shoes and leotards. I really don't consider myself a dancer, so I'm not sure why but inexplicably I was VERY excited to see all the adorable things and get them for the girls. They were over-the-moon with their leotards and couldn't wait to try out their new shoes. We are all looking forward to a great semester at dance and the recital. Should be interesting to see what they think of performing on stage.








No comments: