Monday, January 10, 2011

Aggies in the Cotton Bowl! A&M vs. LSU

How exciting was it to find out that A&M was going to be in the Cotton Bowl this year? Let's say I was thrilled. Of course, it had been so long that I was just assuming that the game would be on New Year's Day and we would be in Ohio. I found out late that we were going to be in Dallas and gave Brian the puppy dog eyes to see if he could find us some tickets. Lucky girl that I am, Brian was able to get us some tickets and we were IN!

The best part of the experience was definitely the tailgate party. The emails flying back and forth in the week before the game with jokes and plans reminded me of what great friends I have and how blessed I am to have so many seriously amazing (and entertaining) people in my life. Nothing can make you feel young like a kid-free evening, hanging with your college besties, drinking cocktails and getting ready for some football. We had a blast celebrating before the game and through the first quarter. Unfortunately, the game took a serious turn for the worse in the second half and the Aggies didn't fair too well on the field, but I can tell you that nothing will ever change how well they are doing off the field. Some of my dearest and most treasured friends I met during my years at Texas A&M and they are some of the greatest gifts in my life. I was so thrilled to be able to share some of the Aggie experience with Brian and I loved how easily he appreciates the school I love jumps right into the spirit. I have definitely been remiss in indoctrinating Brian into the College Station fray, but I am resolving to get him to at least one home game this year. The Cotton Bowl is great, but there is something about a home game that just cannot be described and must be experienced first hand.

I ran into this lady in the pro shop and had to have a picture. THAT is some serious school spirit!

Brian in his first A&M shirt! He looks great in maroon.

No comments: